Friday, February 6, 2009

Books, books, lovely books

Beautiful books from Creature Comforts.

It's no secret to those who know me that I love books. As a kid, I read everything I could get my hands on, I went to the library weekly during the summer, and I carefully cultivated my own collection of YA fiction, classics, and novels far too advanced for me to really understand but which I tackled with gusto. Since my dad always told me growing up that he wouldn't buy me any of the usual junk kids my age wanted, but never minded buying books, I quickly became a fan of neat, matching, complete collections of books which would not only allow me to re-read my favorite stories over and over, but made a great visual impact sitting there together on the shelf.

That has not changed; I'm still a sucker for a pretty cover.

Vintage library of Thibault de Montaigu and Sofia Achaval at The Selby.

I've been collecting the gorgeous Back Bay Books Evelyn Waugh editions for a while and recently got hooked on the bold Agatha Christie collection. My current lust is for this witty hardcover collection of PG Wodehouse novels and stories.

Waugh's The Loved One, Christie's Death on the Nile, Wodehouse's Young Men in Spats.

Any one else out there who finds themselves collecting books based on the covers?

No comments:

Post a Comment