Sunday, November 21, 2010

Outfit Post: Deathly Hallows

I wore this to go to a day-long conference at Trinity on Writing Irish Art History. It was terribly interesting and I met some great people (and got a few more ideas for my dissertation). Afterward (and after a few glasses of wine at the post-conference reception), I went with some friends to see Harry Potter! Sooo good. We went out for drinks afterward to discuss and ended up staying for a few hours talking about how books (including HP) had been so important in our lives as we grew up, each of us nerdy little outsiders. Awww. (PS I was totally Hermione before Hermione even existed, poufy hair and bossy know-it-all-ness included. I'm sure this surprises no one).


This top has such pretty beading, but the way it is cut in at the shoulders makes it difficult to wear casually. I tried here but I don't think the necklines worked well together.


Cardi: Penneys
Beaded top: Anthro
Skirt: Gap
Tights: Penneys
Boots: Aldo

No comments:

Post a Comment