Friday, November 12, 2010

Holmes' Home

Haha, so punny, I know. Ok, one more quick hit of my obsession and then we'll return to our regularly-scheduled outfit posts, this time with a little something (someone!) extra! Synopsis of this post: I would like to live like a high-functioning sociopath and his bff/mystery husband.

 The name is Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221b Baker Street.
 Ok, I die for that wallpaper. Mrs. Hudson has wicked good wacky wallpaper taste. Also, skull painting!
 I asked Jennifer if I could have a longhorn skull with headphones on our wall. She said yes and I'm holding her to it.
 Gratuitous Lestrade! But mostly I love the Union Flag pillow and grey/red plaid blanket on John's chair. I have my eye on a similar blanket at Avoca.
 Layout shot - cozy! I love the built-in bookshelves.
 Kitchen full of labware? Sure, why not. I'd prefer no severed heads in the fridge, however.
 I love the worn, cozy leather couch, especially paired with that incongruously prim chair on the right.
 Great use of the mid-century modern chair with the older architecture and the fab wallpaper.
 I love this shot for the way you can appreciate the textures at play, and they way everything looks comfortably worn.
Had to get one shot of the mantle! Skull on the left, and if you look closely you can see the mail held down with a pocket knife on the right. Love!

Click on any image to see it full-size. All screencaps from rawr_caps.

No comments:

Post a Comment