Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Weekend projects

I've been spending more time working with my sewing machine of late. I still have so much to learn, so my projects thus far still have many *charming* imperfections.

A few weeks ago, I made this pillow from a large napkin from Anthro. The back is a bright turquoise and I love the orange pom-poms around the edge!

Last weekend, I made this gathered skirt for Jennifer. I wanted to follow this tutorial but my lame-o fabric shop didn't have the nice wide elastic, so I made it with a hidden elastic waistband. But, with the amount of gathers I wanted, the waistband is much bumpier that I had hoped.

How cute is the green toile print? There are tiny bits of pink, as well (flowers in lower right corner), so I put in interior pockets in pink striped fabric.

I also made a circle skirt for myself following Lady Melbourne's tutorial; I'll get some pictures of it up soon as well! I have a good few more projects in my mind, so hopefully I can keep up the momentum.

No comments:

Post a Comment