Thursday, March 4, 2010

Capture the castle

I am completely in love with the idea of renting out a gorgeous castle in Scotland or Ireland and spending a week gallivanting about the country with my family and friends. Perhaps for a special event, or (someday) a wedding? Sometimes they're done up a little too kitschy/Ren faire for me, though. But, I absolutely swooned when I saw Balbegno Castle over on Poppytalk. It's small and intimate and the decor is gorgeously contemporary, thanks to owners/restorers/decorators Charlie and Caroline Gladstone. They also own UK store Pedlars from which much of the decor comes. Love!

Loads of Union flags, a gorgeous purple bedspread, and a buck pillow.

It's all self-catering and you can order in foodstuffs from the Gladstone's other venture, Hawarden Estate Farm Shop.  I am dying for that huge copper stockpot.

I love the nods to the castle heritage in the great hall mixed with that awesome disco-esque lamp. And what a supply of wellies!

It looks so cozy - think of curling up with a book next to that window.

Beautiful! Balbegno is located in the east of Scotland between Dundee and Aberdeen and is available for self-catered weekly rentals.

No comments:

Post a Comment