Thursday, March 4, 2010

Movies


 
Alternate movie poster designed by ck/ck.

Jennifer and I went to see A Single Man last night at the adorable West Newton Cinema. Not unexpectedly, the art direction, sets, and costumes were absolutely fab. It was sad and romantic and had a bit of an unsatisfying ending, but what can you do? Amazing cast, although I think Nicholas Hoult might be a robot.

We will definitely be heading back to the West Newton Cinema in the future, probably soon to see The Last Station, about the end of Tolstoy's life (starring Captain Von Trapp!). Awesomely, they also offer for sale copies of some of the films they have shown, and I scored a copy of the awesome documentary The Rape of Europa for $19.95, cheaper than I've seen it anywhere else. Also in movie news: I'm so excited to see Alice in Wonderland in IMAX 3-D this weekend or next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment