Tuesday, May 24, 2011

London Day One

Started out London with an artist interview, after which it was time to museum-hop! I started out at the wonderfully cheesy Sherlock Holmes museum at the fake 221b Baker Street.




I had lunch in Regent's Park near Baker Street. It was gorgeous weather the whole time I was there!


Next I visited the Courtauld where Ai Weiwei's Circle of Animals/12 Zodiac Heads was on view.


Then, of course, I headed around the corner to the National Gallery.


I loved this Fourth Plinth sculpture, and my first thought was that the textile reminded me of the Shonibare at the Davis, and lo and behold, it is indeed a Shonibare.


Finally, I rounded off the day at St. Martin's Theatre seeing Agatha Christie's The Mousetrap, now in its 59th consecutive year in the West End. I love me some Christie, and it was so adorably post-war British.


Next up: Day Two - dinosaurs, shopping, and the Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment