Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Outfit Post: Cecily

I have a (not-so) slight obsession with British and Irish fiction and movies from or that take place in the first half of the 20th century. Something about that war and inter-war period is fascinating to me - the events, the slang, the clothes, the art, everything. So I've been assiduously trying to turn myself into a Cecily. A Cecily is one of those girls who is charming if a bit naive, fun-loving and sometimes a bit silly. When there's not a war on, she plays a lot of lawn tennis and when the war's on she volunteers for the Land Girls. She always dresses cute but utilitarian, because she's British (or Anglo-Irish), and it's cold out, with loads of floral prints and warm knits. And, of course, she has an adorable bob haircut.

Therefore, my new Cecily cable-knit sweater. And oh, god, I'm wearing my jeans rolled and lace-up boots again.



Sweater: Gap (new!)
Jeans: Gap outlet
Tank: Target
Boots: Aldo

No comments:

Post a Comment