Monday, September 27, 2010

New Obsession: Avoca

Last week I wandered into the Dublin branch of Avoca, an Irish clothing and homewares store that is like something out of a dream. The only way I can describe it is that it's like if Anthropologie, the Paper Source, a gourmet food shop, and Monsoon got together and had a baby that's all grown up and doing its own thing now. They specialize in knits, both clothing and home goods, which are all made in Ireland at Avoca Handweavers, which has been around in some form or another since the 18th century! Their knits are so well made and soft and have fun, whimsical designs. I think all of my Christmas presents for folks back home will be coming from here!

Piles of knit scarves.

 I really want one of these "Home" throws...

 ...and a hand-knit hot-water bottle cozy!

 I love the way the outfits and accessories are put together. The layers of knits and different colors and textures are definitely suited to cold, grey Irish winters! This dot cardigan with its mis-matched buttons is especially cute.

 LOVE the button line of dishes.

 I want to start eating Irish (/British) breakfasts with soft-boiled eggs just so I can use cute egg cups...

...and sequined egg cozies! (Yes, to keep your egg warm)

No comments:

Post a Comment